Margaret River Writing Retreat
FRIDAY-SUNDAY 23RD - 25TH JUNE, 2017
Limit of four places only
Deadline to apply: 5.00pm AWST FRIDAY, MAY 12th, 2017
Send applications (email only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Margaret River Writers’ Retreat is a standalone property in the heart of the South West, idyllically located away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, but within ten minutes drive from the majority of the region’s key attractions.
Any and all creative writers are invited to take up residence for serenity, productivity, and uninterrupted writing time. Partners are welcome, and the property also has the capacity to house established writing groups who might be interested in getting away for a few days.
Successful applicants receive:
- Two nights’ stay at Redgate Forrest Retreat
- Welcome bottle of wine
- Continental breakfast. lunch and dinner both days
- One 60 minute story intensive session with Dr Laurie Steed to provide one-on-one feedback on the submitted story and to discuss the larger project, if applicable
- One guided group session for each writer to provide feedback
- Three group workshops on specific aspects of writing, such as narrative tension, character development and editing and revision
- Advice on where to send the story for publication including appropriate competitions and journals.
Here's Dr Laurie Steed with more on what we're looking for:
"Ideally, the writers applying for this opportunity are on the way to completing a collection of stories or a novel, and are seeking development as writers on their journey towards publication. The work presented does not need to be perfect. Indeed, it's better if it's not. What's more important is a willingness to develop one's craft, and to be open to the many possibilities of fiction."